Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Object Enabler for AutoCAD LT 2018 - DLL and Fatal Errors

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mgmark
861 Views, 5 Replies

Civil 3D Object Enabler for AutoCAD LT 2018 - DLL and Fatal Errors

I am trying to modify, delete, and explode some Acad Proxy Entity objects in a .dwg file in AutoCAD LT 2018, but with no luck.  These objects were originally from an .dwg file provided to me by another organization.  After reviewing the forums to figure out how to resolve this issue, I decided to download and install the Civil 3D Object Enabler for AutoCAD LT 2018. 

After installing the OE, I opened the same .dwg file containing the proxy entities, but encountered a series of missing .dll file-related errors (e.g. "AcETransmitUiRes.dll not found", "acismuiRes.dll not found"), including a fatal error related to a 'AcGeoLocationRes.dll' file (see .png attachments of screenshots).  However, when I open up other .dwg files not containing these proxies, I do not get these errors.

Is this the correct way to go about resolving the proxy object issue?  If so how do I make those objects editable in LT?  If not, what other approach(es) do I need to take to resolve this issue.

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: mgmark

Looks to me like your C3D-OE installation did not work, assuming that was the actual fix for your file's content of course.

Remove and reinstall after you restart your PC, turn off your anti-virus for the duration of the reinstall, and clean out your Windows log-in temp folder.

Message 3 of 6
mgmark
in reply to: pendean

Hi  

Message 4 of 6
cadffm

Uninstall OE

Start LT and run ETRANSMIT (and use it one time), works?

I guess it isn't an OE problem, but there was/is a Problem with your LT install.

Is it up to date? Which productversion? See command ABOUT

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
mgmark
in reply to: cadffm

CADffm,

I followed your suggestion but I am encountering the same errors.

This was the first time that I have used the ETRANSMIT command and want to give you a run down of the
procedures that I have performed, so please feel free to let me know what steps I missed:

1. Uninstalled OE
  2. Created a backup of the .dwg file to run ETRANSMIT on.
  3. Started up LT, opened up the .dwg file in question, and created a .zip file via the ETRANSMIT command on the that specific .dwg file.
  4. Reinstalled OE
  5. Opened up a copy of the .dwg file located in the .zip file created via ETRANSMIT

To answer your last question, my Product Version is 'O.49.0.0 AutoCAD LT 2018' as per running the ABOUT command.

Message 6 of 6
cadffm

1. Etransmit

It was just a test to check this command works.

(One missing dll seems to be for this command)

2. O.49.0.0

WHY??? Obsolet since... over three years ago!

Perhaps the OE needs an updated 2018 product,

current Product 2018 version is 2018.1.2 (you are running 2018.0.0, the very first rollout)

Try it, log in to your Autodesk Account, download the last update 2018.1.2 by

Browser download, install it.

Try to use/install OE again

Sebastian

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report