Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Find Script file

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
PanzerRanger
1438 Views, 3 Replies

Cant Find Script file

I'm trying to run a script file using a macro which works fine when the macro only loads the script, but when I add some "functions" before loading the script I can't get the script to load and I'm out of ideas.

This works:
^C^Cscript "C:/My Folder/Subfolder/MyScript.scr";

This doesn´t:
^C^Ccopy base 0,0 10,35 2,28 ctab "S1" pasteclip 0,0 ^C^Cscr "C:/My Folder/Subfolder/MyScript.scr";

It runs the copy and paste function fine but it interpreted the space in My Folder as Enter and the commandline just returns "Folder.scr" can't find file

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: PanzerRanger

COPYBASE is the command name, not COPY <SPACE> BASE perhaps? Look it up in HELP

I also use a semi-colon so I can actually see and count how many <enter> I have, vs blank spaces that may sneak in like you seem to not have noticed, it makes for better diagnosing ability when things go wrong:

^C^C_script;MyNamedScriptFile

^C^C_copybase;0,0;10,35;2,28;;ctab;S1;pasteclip;0,0;^C^C_script;MyNamedScriptFile

May I ask, why not just add your custom scripts folder into the AutoCAD/LT search paths list, then when you run SCRIPT command you do not have to path to it

pendean_0-1647261970709.png

Message 3 of 4
PanzerRanger
in reply to: pendean

Copybase works as I intend in this function, at some other point I hade to use the copy command.

I did use semicolon before but for my it looked messy so I switched to space. But I use the semicolon if it requires multiple space after each other.

The support path solved the problem so Cheers for the solution.

Since I do functions and tools for people that hardly know how to use the software do you know if there is a possibility to automate the addition of the path to the support folder or where does the software store that information?

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: PanzerRanger

@PanzerRanger wrote:

if there is a possibility to automate the addition of the path to the support folder or where does the software store that information?

Nope.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report