Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot save

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tmccar
4188 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot save

I am unable to save my work because I get this message when I try to save:

"QAVE not allowed during reference editing".

If I try to close the REFEDIT session and save changes, it says "Cannot save back changes because objects in the working set reference objects outside the working set"

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: tmccar

many tips offered here, are you doing or have any of them going on? https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autodesk-architectural-desktop/refedit-error-objects-outside-the-work...
Message 3 of 4
tmccar
in reply to: pendean

I discovered that I had started editing a title block a while back and had not ended that REFEDIT session. The I inserted some jpeg images and it was these that caused the problem. When I deleted them, I was able to close my REFEDIT session and save the changes. The only issue was, the whole drawing was a block and dimension scale was way off. But it was back to normal when I exploded it.

Message 4 of 4
robbie_in_oz
in reply to: tmccar

I was also trying to save changes to a Block and kept getting the following message.

"Cannot save back changes because objects in the working set references objects outside the working set. The Refedit session is still active. Press F2 after dismissing the dialog to see the list of missing references."

After having a closer look, I realized that there was still an inserted PDF, within the block I was trying to save, which was small in size compared to the rest of the block, which was hard to see. Once I deleted it, I was then able to save the block. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators