Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add Parameter to points in my block

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1752 Views, 1 Reply

Cannot add Parameter to points in my block

I am creating a block library for my job and using AutoCAD LT 2018. There are a few instances where I go to add a parameter to the block and it says that the 2D selection is invalid and will not let me select any nodes on the block. however, I am able to put it in the model space and move the grips to the block it self. I am not sure if it is because it is a template or if i was copying it from woodCAD. But that doesn't make since cause i replace the lines with a polyline. I just tested, if i make a new line or poly line it works fine. so i am confused on why it is not letting me just select the nodes that are already there. I have attached a DWG with the brace that i am trying to add parameters to.  I just copied it from the template to the a blank DWG and still doing the same thing. I did see a similar post on the forum but it was from 2006.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
steven-g
in reply to: Anonymous

Your objects have an elevation of -3.8 it is this that the block editor dislikes. Select the objects one by one and change the elevation to '0' (that's zero) in the properties palette and it should work fine. Also, watch your block insertion point in this drawing the block insertion point is about 150 feet away from the actual objects in the block.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report