Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT2022 select/delete very slow compared to LT2020

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tlveik
338 Views, 4 Replies

LT2022 select/delete very slow compared to LT2020

I frequently need to create a subset of a drawing by deleting areas and saving.  The areas that need to be deleted are always different.  LT2022 is MUCH slower doing this than LT2020.

Example, doing the exact same operation in the two programs.

Select an area with about 50,000 objects in LT 2020 takes about 2 seconds.  Selecting the same area in LT 2022 takes 2 minutes and 17 seconds.  The area contains mostly blocks containing polylines with quite a few arcs.

Windows 10 Pro version 1909, Intel I5 9500, 8 gig ram.

One difference I see between the two programs is that LT2022 will pop up a message "The high quality geometry setting has been temporarily disabled".  2020 doesn't do that.  That setting change isn't a problem for me but may be a clue about what is happening?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tlveik
in reply to: tlveik

The 0.1 update is installed by the way.

Message 3 of 5
cadffm

Then disable this function, command

Graphicsconfig

Try it again

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
pendean

"The high quality geometry setting has been temporarily disabled" means your video card or driver version (or both) is choking under LT2022: fix it this way on your lower end PC/Laptop spec https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/high-q...
Message 5 of 5
tlveik

Since LT2020 works fine and doesn't give me that message I think I'll just keep using 2020.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report