Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we revisit Leaders one more time?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kthr331
311 Views, 2 Replies

Can we revisit Leaders one more time?

I installed AutoCAD LT 2013 early this year. Have made many drawings that required Leaders since then. Whenever I wished to place a Leader, I simply clicked on the single Leader icon in the annotation block in the strip along the top of the page and placed the Leader where I wanted it. About a month ago when I clicked the single Leader icon in the Annotation block, instead of a single Leader I got the Text drag box. When this first happened, I was editing a dwg originally created in AutoCAD 2000. When I posed this issue in this forum it was suggested I simply type the command QLEADER, which works very nicely. I thought that was a glitch between 2000 and 2013, but my single Leader icon always brings up the text drag box now, whether editing a 2000 or creating new, where before it didn't. The big 'A' icon still brings up the text drag box as it always did. Now I have 2 icons in the strip at the top of the page that bring up the text drag box - the big 'A' and the single Leader icon. Apparently I have somehow converted my single Leader icon into a text icon. Any ideas of what I did to cause this conversion, and perhaps more importantly, how do I change it back will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bob_mpc
in reply to: kthr331

Most probably you have occasionaly entered Content first  at the command prompt. This way, the program waits for you first to enter the text, and then to place it on the drawing. Try entering leader Landing first. 

Boris
AutoCad LT 2021.1.1
Message 3 of 3
kthr331
in reply to: bob_mpc

Thank You bob_mpc for considering and responding to my post. What you suggested is apparently what happened. All is back in order again. Probably wouldn't have these wierd experiences if I would control my clicks better. Appreciate the help. K.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report