Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acad LT 2014 Manuals and Index - how do I find them?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1823 Views, 7 Replies

Acad LT 2014 Manuals and Index - how do I find them?

After many years away from a true AutoCAD product, I am a bit perplexed by how to find the user manaul or index.

For example, I am learning more about dynamic blocks.  I am sure that somehwere there has to be a chapter about dynamic blocks that goes over all the features and commands associated with them.

Note that I am not seeking a quick getting started guide.  I also know I can do a search of the online help, but this typically gives you a brief paragraph, and then a few links to related topics.  But, attemping to navigate those links does not give a cohesive picture of the feature.

How do I get to the user manual?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
hwalker
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the forums

It's called Autodesk Exchange now.

If you click on the ? and then choose help. Autodesk Exchange will pop up. You can then search for Dynamic block help.

Also for Dynamic block help I would suggest you go to the Dynamic Block Forums you will get lots of help there.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 8
Charles_Shade
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thank you both for the reply.  The "Autodesk Exchange" was in fact where I was looking for help before.  It just wasn't there in the sort of depth that I needed.  I come from the v10 days, when the stack of user manuals was over 4" thick. I think I was just expecting something different than what is typical now days.

Charles, thank you very much for those PDF's from Autodesk University. Those were what I was looking for, although I see they were from 2006 and 2007.  So, I imagine they are somewhat outdated.  Is this something that I can find on Autodesk's web site for 2014?

The download area for Acad LT 2014 only has tutorials from 2011 at the latest, and there are the getting started guides.  It seems that all the in-depth documentation must be purchased.

Message 5 of 8
Charles_Shade

Dynamic Blocks have not changed since inception. Those are the most current
Message 6 of 8
pendean

Forgive me but it would appear you have been away from computers in general since AUTOCAD v10, 1990?, perhaps?
No software vendor has provided any significant printed manual for free in almost two decades.

But there are way better authored software guides from 3rd party sources: need recommendations for LT2014? Help files are the wrong place to cold-learn a program and can be a challenge to navigate.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

For a while the on-line manual was equivalent to what the printed manuals used to be.  But, so far, for everything I have looked up in the on-line manual, it has not been useful.  It seems that Autodesk still does create those manuals, but they sell them separately, rather than including them with the program.

The failure to include a useful manual with the software is more than a little irritating to me.  It may be enough to stear me away from the product.

Message 8 of 8
pendean

Always do what is best for you, not anyone else, is my moto too: everyone here would agree

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost