Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find any files

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
530 Views, 2 Replies

Can't find any files

I have a 2021 release of AutoCAD LT.  I haven't used it for several months and upon start-up I can't find any of my previous work.  The drawings were created during early December 2019 so they are a year old.  I have let the PC run a search for several of the file names and nothing comes up. Because they were drawn a little over a year ago is it possible that my license has expired and this has made them inaccessible?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
steven-g
in reply to: Anonymous

Nope, any drawing files you create are independent of the program itself and you always have access to them. So you can still view them using a free viewer like trueview or send them to someone else. If they are 'missing' then your problem is something else, maybe accidentally deleted or moved to another drive. It is certainly nothing that AutoCAD LT has done to them.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your kind response to my question.  I appreciate it very much.  My son, who is in the genius level, found them in a fold that was tagged with administrative restrictions which I was not signed into.  So, when I did a global search of the laptop it came up empty.  I'm beginning to feel old. ha ha

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators