Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Change Linetype

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
Anonymous
40323 Views, 25 Replies

Can't Change Linetype

I cannot change the linetype of the line I made. It is a file created in AutoCAD 2007 and opened in AutoCAD 2014, but I don't think that that has anything to do with it since I also could not change the linetype in AutoCAD 2007.

When I simply create a new file in AutoCAD 2014, I can create a line and change the linetype very easily. I am a fairly inexperienced user with AutoCAD, and so, the solution may be very simple.

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: gotphish001

Thank you.
Although when I checked my file and tried what you had told me it didnt work.
There was no change in scale of line so that i saw a dotted line instead of continuos.
Do I switch the LTS outside of the block?
Message 22 of 26
Anonymous

I tried what you explained although it does not to give any result.

there seems to be some setting on my autocad thats not letting me see the line type clearly.

When I look at it another computer with a full version of autocad it seems fine.

but when opened on my autocad lt 2019 trial it wont work.?

Is there something I'm missing.

Message 23 of 26
gotphish001
in reply to: Anonymous

I changed ltscale outside of the blocks and then did REGENALL to make sure it updated. Also the annotation scale in model space on the bottom toolbar will effect how linetypes show up. So say you have a viewport in paperspace that is 1:4. When you have modelspace anno scale set to 1:4 then linetypes will show up in model space how they would look in the 1:4 viewport. The model space anno scale has no effect on the drawing besides showing you what annotative objects, linetypes included, will look like at those scales. 

Try setting these to 1

PSLTSCALE =1

MSLTSCALE =1 

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 24 of 26
rktekt99

I change linetype scale to 1000, .001, whatever - it keeps reverting back to either 1 or 0 and the line appearance never changes...
Message 25 of 26
rktekt99
in reply to: rktekt99

update!!!!   I figured out that my LTSCALE was off, after adjusting to a value of "1" - all is well....

Message 26 of 26
mmacesich
in reply to: sthompson1021

You rock!  That worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators