Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create an arraypath block that can be modified?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
346 Views, 3 Replies

Can I create an arraypath block that can be modified?

Greetings!

I've drawn a flexible duct using a spline and an ellipse that I converted to a block. I placed the ring on the spline using the center of the ellipse as a base point. At this point, I can click the spline and twist and bend it, add and remove fit points and it will add/remove ellipses accordingly.

flexible_duct.png

If I now make a block out of this, so that I can add it to a palette and use it for later, I can no longer modify the spline, curving it as I need it to...

Is there a way to make this happen, or do I have to copy/paste this into ever document each time I need it?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hwalker
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Forums

It's either copy and paste OR create the block put it in your drawing and then EXPLODE the block. You can set it to automatically EXPLODE using the properties.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Think of a block as an object frozen in ice: now you'll understand the excellent tip offered by @hwalker
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: hwalker

That's exactly what I needed! (The explode mode) Smiley Very Happy

Many thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost