Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculator Disappeared?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
greevedogg
2944 Views, 8 Replies

Calculator Disappeared?

I'm in Block Editor, and I clicked on the calculator icon to the right of the Distance Multiplier in order to input a variable and the calculator and all the subheadings have disappeared and it looks like this:

Capture.PNG

Where'd it go? And how do I get it back?

Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: greevedogg

LT version is...?
Windows OS is...?

Is this a sudden new problem (as in it used to work)?
Message 3 of 9
greevedogg
in reply to: pendean

@pendeanSorry, about that...

AutoCAD version is O.49.0.0 AutoCAD LT 2018

OS is Windows 10 64-bit

I found the solution. It's a bug. When I click on the calculator icon on the right side of a field in the properties menu to do a property calculation, QuickCalc popup window shows up but it looks like this:

Capture.PNG

The Number Pad, Scientific, Units Conversion, and Variables Sub-menus have disappeared...

Well, they haven't really vanished, like i thought. They're still there, just hiding under a hidden button. There should be a down-arrow button to the far right of where it says Property Calculation that expands the sub-menus:

20170407_073534.jpg

The button is there to expand and collapse the sub-menus, it's just not visible, but if you hover your mouse over the area, it turns a darker gray. That's the only way that I stumbled across it. Likewise, if the submenus are visible, if you hover your mouse over the same area, there is a hidden collapse button there. I must have inadvertently clicked it and made the submenus disappear...

20170407_073552.jpg

I will mark this as SOLVED, and now report this bug to the proper authorities...

Message 4 of 9
pendean

No bug, must be your video card choking:

Capture.JPG

Turn off (or on) hardware acceleration in GRAPHICSCONFIG command and see if that helps. Also check your PC manufacturer website for updated drivers.

Message 5 of 9
greevedogg

@pendeanIf I open QuickCalc, the down(or up) arrows for the collapse and expand submenus are present and visible:

Capture2.PNG

They are not visible if I open the QuickCalc pop-up from the Property Calculation. Try opening the QuickCalc from here, and tell me if your down arrow is visible:

Capture3.PNG

My graphics card drivers are up-to-date, and I tried both hardware acceleration on and off, still same result: No visible icon.

Message 6 of 9
pendean

Thanks for the extra info: Button is hidden but calculator is open

Capture.JPG

Message 7 of 9
greevedogg

Here's a screencast of what's going on:

Message 8 of 9
mdavis22569

This has been passed on / reported

It's also a problem in AutoCAD too ...not just AutoCAD LT

Mike

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
pendean
in reply to: mdavis22569

R2018, LT2018 and ACA2018 is what I tested: reporting now in my Product Accounts page, you all do the same or it won't get noticed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report