Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD Layout Icons

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
559 Views, 2 Replies

CAD Layout Icons

Hello All,

Can anyone help, I am using AutoCad 2011 LT for water schematic. I have set up blocks for all out icons (toilets,shower etc...) what I'm wanting to know can I link my layout template block so when we add an block in model space it will automaticly show in the legend in layout? Plus even show the amount of which its been used.

Thanks

Alastair McColl
CAD Manager

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

There is no easy way of automating a legend.

I use a block containing several nested dynamic blocks from where I choose which symbols we've used and then Xref them into each drawing.

If you want to have quantity you could use Qselect to quickly count how many block references you have of that type, but you have to write it yourself.

If your lucky there might be an easier way to do this with field and some expressions but not that I know.

See attached for example.

Message 3 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

How about reversing the procedure?  If you build your legend out of blocks, then they will automatically be available for insert in the drawing.  FYI, our legend sheets aren't limited to just whats on the drawings - they include all symbols, even those which aren't used on the current project.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report