Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocks Missing from drawing to drawing

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
2478 Views, 10 Replies

Blocks Missing from drawing to drawing

Hi Guys, please move if this is in the wrong place.

i am currently using AutoCAD 2013 LT & a colleague of mine is using AutoCAD 2016 LT & we have encountered a problem where if working on the same drawing (at different times) some items, blocks, notes, lines do not appear on his screen.... this has happened on a few of our projects and is a major problem.

i have tried adjusting the RASTERPERCENT & RASTERTHRESHOLD but have had no luck.

please see attached screen shots.

i will be post the DWG file should anyone like to help.

any help would be greatly appriciated 

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Sofia.Xanthopoulou
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Sean,

I understand that the blocks are not visible when opened in 2016. And the other way round? You see everything? 

First thing that pops into my mind would be the graphics card. Please make sure that the drivers are up to date and certified. Also check the system requirements for Version 2016.

Please report back to me, in any case. If the problem still persists, please upload a sample drawing, too.

Thank you

Regards

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Sofia.Xanthopoulou

Please see attached image, i believe the PC is prowerfull enough, also see attached graphics card.

Hardware acceleration was turned on previously i was just playing with settings.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

drawing is attached... it doesnt just happen on this drawing, it happens on all drawings unless fully created by the 2016lt PC

Message 5 of 11
Sofia.Xanthopoulou

Well, I do not see the blocks on my screen either. 

Why is there a proxy message? What else do you use? 

Can you give me some names of the block, so I can search for them inside the drawing?

Thanks

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Sofia.Xanthopoulou

Sorry my msitake, they aren't blocks. but please refer to the 2 print screens where you can see the missing information.

I believe it was originally drawn in MEP? but if my 2013 LT can open it surely 2016LT can?

Message 7 of 11
Sofia.Xanthopoulou

Well, then what kind of object are those? Not even my MEP can see anything. 

Can 2016 create the same objects and you can open them in 2013? Do you have any enabler installed on your machine and the other machine doesn't? 

On which Layer are those cyan objects?

Message 8 of 11
pendean

Show us the DWG file from LT2013 with all the content in place: we almost all have LT2013 and LT2016.

The file that you posted seems to be missing a lot of Autodesk Fabrication CADMEP proxy objects content judging by all the alerts we are getting.

Try this fix: in LT2013, use AECTOACAD command to create a new file in R2000 format of this problem file then share it with your LT2016 user: does the content reappear? if yes, you need to do thsi with ALL of your files moving forward to get rid of all the non-LT content in the file.

This OE for AutoCAD 2016 may be an option for LT users and is probably what is missing that was perhaps at once available to LT2013 https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fabrication-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodes...

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

The file i have attached is the one with everything on. please see attached print screen of layer name.

i didnt create the original drawing, it was by a  consultant. However this has happened on a few files (which i believe were all drawn on MEP)

i havent personally added any object enablers, but i do know when my director trys to open the DWG in his 2016 TrueView it also has missing items.

What can i do to help you help me? any further information i could provide you with.

Thanks for all the help so far guys

Message 10 of 11
pendean
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

PENDEAAN IS THE MANNNNNNNN

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report