Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block attribute definition is annotative

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jscolesVWCD9
139 Views, 3 Replies

Block attribute definition is annotative

When we get a site layout drawing from our clients, we insert them into our own drawings as an xref. They frequently use blocks for each house, garage and parking bays, and part of the block is an attribute definition for the plot number. We need to show these plot numbers on our drawings, but they don't appear because they're annotative. I've gone into the block, selected the attribute and changed Annotative to No, yet when I go into the attribute editor window it has annotative ticked.

Is there a way of changing all the blocks at once or will I have to do it for every block? There are thousands of blocks I would have to change one by one, so this will be very time consuming. I've attached an example of one of these blocks.

jscolesVWCD9_0-1718269536647.pngjscolesVWCD9_2-1718269596157.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hwalker
in reply to: jscolesVWCD9

Change the Block to be annotative. See the image below and the attached drawing

hwalker_0-1718271541082.png

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 4

Try this: open the block in the block editor. Change the Scale Uniformly properties to Yes.

Close the block editor and save the changes. You may need to use ATTSYNC to synchronize the attributes.

scale uniformly.png

If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter
Message 4 of 4

ATTSYNC was what I was after! I completely forgot about that command. It synced up all the blocks so Annotative is no longer ticked, meaning the attributes appear in my drawings. I've accepted your reply as the solution because of that. The rest wasn't needed. Thank you!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report