Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blind new user needs template

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
301 Views, 4 Replies

Blind new user needs template

I am new to AutoCAD LT and am blind.  I am using the command line to use text, line, arc and circle commands to make simple drawings.  Line command is giving me problems as sighted reviewers say the lines aren't making sense.  If I draw a box it doesn't look like one.  If I draw a horizontal line segment it is at an angle.  Using Decimal units and set limits to 0,0 88,64.  Are there any other commands I must set for each drawing to make my simple line work accurate?  Any assistance to get started is appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RobDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

As a blind user, I'm sure you are facing a lot of challenges. Discribing them to sighted users is going to be another challenge. It's going to be even more challenging for us to offer solutions.

I think it would be essetial for you to have an instructor or, at a minimum, a tutor that can watch what you are doing and help you make adjustments as you go. How else are you going to visually verify that what you are drawing is what you want to draw?

If you want help here, to start, you are going to need to show us what you have and what you want. Then you are going to have to describe in detail how you are going about inputting your drawings.

I'm sorry but a forum format is probably not going to be a good place for you to get help at a basic level, unless you have very specific questions about settings and such. You need someone to be your eyes to verify that what you are drawing is what you are intending to draw. There are many ways to draw in AutoCAD but until you are proficient, you need to be able to see what is on the screen so you can make adjustments when you make mistakes. I don't see any other way. 

If you have any suggestions as to how we can help you to help us to help you, please share them. In other words, you need to train us to help you as this is a very visual trade. Not sure how you are going to accomplish that in a forum environment.

Good luck. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 5
steven-g

Post one of these drawings maybe we can work out what is going wrong.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks! I think the best thing for me is to find a tutor I can work with on Zoom that I can share my screen with so they can see what I am doing real time and provide training and feedback. Appreciate the input.
Message 5 of 5
pendean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators