Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black diamonds linked to text layer

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
466 Views, 5 Replies

Black diamonds linked to text layer

Please bear with me I am fairly new to this. I received a drawing file that I need to review for a quote and when I opened the file there were black diamonds all over the drawing. It is somehow linked to the text layer because when i turn this layer off they go away along with all the text. This is probably something simple that I am overlooking. Please helpwith text on.PNGwith text off.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Ask the file creator/sender about it, or post the actual DWG file here for review by others.

Message 3 of 6
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

Yes, if you could share the file. 

This maybe a display or an object issue to hard to tell right now. 

Object

Can you select the black diamond object & delete it? Or right-click checking the Properties? 

If it is associated to an object you can dissect the drawing using QSELECT.

Display

If the issue is not associated with any object in this layer, it could be display related & the performance issues could be related to the graphic card or AutoCAD drawing file has complex components. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

Here is a the file

Message 5 of 6
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

This drawing has an external references, if you need all the information in the file whomever sent the file to you should have sent you a e-transmit (this provides a zipped folder of all file contents). 

I opened the file just fine selecting "Ignore unresolved reference files" but the annotations are referencing the xrefs that are not included in the file. I would have them send you an e-transmit with all file contents. 

xref.png

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators