Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batt Insulation Line Graphic Issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3025 Views, 4 Replies

Batt Insulation Line Graphic Issue

The highlighted line in the image below is supposed to be my batt insulation. As you can see, the termination dash appears but, the alternating curved lines are missing. 

LTScale is 1

Celtscale is 1

I've tried Regen

I've tried closing the software and restarting

I had a coworker open the drawing on their computer and it showed properly. So, I assume the issues is specific to my AutoCAD and not the drawing file or the linetype. 

Any ideas?

lpate2290_0-1609876240728.png

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Select that line, start PROPERTIES then enter a much higher number in the section called LINETYPE SCALE.
Message 3 of 5
Bob_Zurunkle

OP the Batting linetype is one that doesn't translate well to being an annotation object. Therefore its scale has to be fiddled with to both adjust its width and to adjust for view scale.

Years ago I actually came up with a hatch that worked well in walls up to 600 feet long before starting to break up - the key to it looking good being to adjust its start point to one corner of the hatch area. Perhaps you could come up with something similar. There might even be an old post by Modman_4 (my old alter-ego) that has it as an attachment. I just can't remember...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 4 of 5
Edwin.Rense

@Bob_Zurunkle is correct, there is a linetype property that forces this.

Type Linetype

select the Batting linetype

Click the [ Show details ] button (Right top)

Disable the 'Use paper space units for scaling' function.

Click [ OK ]

The lines show now fully show.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,

Edwin Rense
Cadac Group AEC BV
Supporting Consultant AEC
Cadac Group .
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I found the solution!

Problem Searching: In AutoCAD I went to the Manage tab>Customization panel>Edit Aliases. After that I received and error. AutoCAD couldn't find my keyboard shortcuts. This cued me in to a larger problem; I had lost a Support File Search Path. I needed to replace the missing support file which contained my keyboard shortcuts and my line types. C:\Users\<user name>AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 20xx\R24.0\enu\Support

Solution: Copy the support file path (you will need the file path containing your user name, see Hint below). Open AutoCAD> Options> Files tab> Support File Search Path> click "Add" > paste in the missing support file path and apply. Close Options and type: REINIT> Check boxed PGP File> OK.

Hint: you might have to unlock hidden files on your computer to find the file path. Follow instructions from Autodesk at the following link: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-enable-hidden-fil...

Hope this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators