Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch printing to pdf issues ERROR: Error saving PDF file; PDF file is open or u

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
melissalivanes
5243 Views, 16 Replies

batch printing to pdf issues ERROR: Error saving PDF file; PDF file is open or u

Hi

I am having major issues batch plotting for the first time and I haven't managed to find a solution, although I have tried multiple ways to fix it.

It has managed to print pages 1-5 perfectly but 6-9 I'm having issues and when I print each page individually the quality is really poor, but one page at a time works, its just batching the whole set of layouts

error message ERROR: Error saving PDF file; PDF file is open or uneditable.

Autocad Lt 2014

each page is set up the same.

its being printed to a adobe PDF

I select from to pdf when batch plotting.

I must be missing something...if anyone can help please.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
pendean
in reply to: melissalivanes

Error message says you have an open PDF: why not disable the function in your PDF driver to open a pdf after completion and see if that helps.
Did you remember to turn off background publishing in OPTIONS command's Plot tab? That's important too.
Message 3 of 17
melissalivanes
in reply to: pendean

thanks for your response.

I actually figured it out - the dwg to pdf.pc3 file was configured incorrectly, I fixed that and set all layouts to the same file and it worked!

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous

What did you fix in your .PC3 file that fixed the problem?

@melissalivanes wrote:

thanks for your response.

I actually figured it out - the dwg to pdf.pc3 file was configured incorrectly, I fixed that and set all layouts to the same file and it worked!

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have this problem but I dont find what may be the problem with the DWGtoPDF.dc3. What is it that you configured?

Message 6 of 17
pv79

I have this problem too. It started since a week, or two. I don't see any update being installed recently. I'm using AutoCad 2012 on Windows 10 and FoxitReader for pdf viewing. When I want to rewrite a pdf file after some revision, it doesn't work. Instead the original pdf is deleted, and in the log I got the message: "ERROR: Error saving PDF file; PDF file is open or uneditable."

Message 7 of 17
maratovich
in reply to: pv79

At the time of publication, disable the Avast antivirus well or the like (in which there is no algorithm for determining viruses, and culling is on a white list).
Their white list is bloated, does not have time to sort out and compare, it takes a lot of time, therefore it does not allow AutoCAD to write a file.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Software development
Automatic creation layouts and viewport. Batch printing drawings from model.
www.kdmsoft.net
Message 8 of 17
pendean
in reply to: pv79

Your error message has nothing to do with AutoCAD: it looks like your Win10 login has restrictions for you overwriting files or as noted by others you have a very aggressive anti-virus program, OR there is a problem with FoxitReader opening the file off-screen after PDF creation.

Message 9 of 17
pv79
in reply to: maratovich

Thanks. It seems to be really caused by Avast. When it's turned off, publishing works without any issues.

Message 10 of 17
Anonymous

Is there a chance AVG could be causing this problem? I do not have avast

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous

I solved the problem by deactivating avast antivirus. It looks like it was
deleting the files
Message 12 of 17
maratovich

Most likely you need to disable AVG (this is the same principle as Avast)

Software development
www.kdmsoft.net
Message 13 of 17
ScottEPA

This is exactly what mine is doing, with Avast turned off PDF batch plot works absolutely fine.

I have tried adding exceptions to Acrobat and Autocad 2021 LT but it still doesnt work unless i completely disable Avast.. 

Anyone know what exceptions need to be added to allow autocad to write these PDF batch plot files?

Message 14 of 17
maratovich
in reply to: ScottEPA

Just turn off Avast completely.

Software development
www.kdmsoft.net
Message 15 of 17
ScottEPA

I still want my anti virus protection though its a paid subscription? I just need to change the settings so it allows auto cad and PDF to work as it always used to work simultaneously.

I just need to know which files need to be added as exceptions so it doesn't get blocked.

I shouldnt have to disable antivirus everytime i want to make a pdf drawing

Message 16 of 17
pendean
in reply to: ScottEPA

Get rid of AVAST and try others out there. There are dozens of options that work just as good if not better.
Message 17 of 17
rlewis6J8RM

This completely worked for me. Once I uninstalled Avast, I restarted my computer and reopened AutoCAD and performed a batch plot. I was able to Batch Plot without any errors, finally. Thank you for this insight!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators