Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT - Select objects by color?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
CalypsoArt
51030 Views, 9 Replies

AutoCAD LT - Select objects by color?

I've received a drawing where all the objects are on the same layer but in different colors.  Is the some sort of "select all objects of XXX color". I don't really know how to use "Filters" or how they would work for selecting all objects of the same color.

[ The subject line of this post has been edited to include the product name by @handjonathan ]

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
rkmcswain
in reply to: CalypsoArt

Use the QSELECT command. 
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 10
pendean
in reply to: CalypsoArt

SELECTSIMILAR command an option? It's right there in your right-click menu as an option. Make sure SELECTSIMILARMODE variable is set to capture what you want first.

Look up usage in HELP.

Message 4 of 10
CalypsoArt
in reply to: pendean

Thanks. I knew their had to be commands for this.

Message 5 of 10

hello,

Quickselect selects only objects that are set to a specific color. If different layers have for instance magenta as color, and those object's color is set to "bylayer", I can't select them by doing a quickselect choosing color as property and magenta as value.

So how can I do this?

thanks

Message 6 of 10
pendean
in reply to: quentin.andreotti

@quentin.andreotti If QSELECT does not work for you, you can use FILTER command that is even more customizable, which can also be used while in a command if you save your selection options https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIh9ki6EAVA and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQMibyONwNY

Also consider SELECTSIMILAR command after modifying SELECTSIMILARMODE to suit your needs.
Message 7 of 10

FILTER is too complicated to select every objects of a color. And not even sure it can.

SELECTSIMILAR with SELECTSIMILARMODE set to 1 (colour) does not select object color inherited "BYLAYER". So if I use the command on a object that have its color inherited by its layer, autocad select every object of color set to "BYLAYER" which are every object in my drawing.

Message 8 of 10
cadffm

Hi,

with Filter it is easy to select all objects with one or a list of colors!

You need more experience to use this command, thats all.

But: There is no command to select all objects which displays in a color,

all commands can only filter object data and the object data is bylayer OR (color number).

For this goal you need a tool, a program, there is no onboard solution.

A color can come by object-color, from a layer(bylayer) or by a block-structure(byblock),

or by a plotstyle(!)

Just an extra tool is able to to this selection.

Sorry , i can not offer such a tool, but for the simple <color or colorfromlayer> situation, you should be able to find one - BUT NOT FOR LT versions.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
pendean

@quentin.andreotti FILTER is the correct tool and is free: you just need to practice using it, it's powerful and not simplistic. The more you use it the simpler it gets.

For "simplistic" you will need to pay more for full AutoCAD then master one of the programming languages (or buy an add-on) that can do that like this tool https://apps.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=5630848263328187260&appLang=en&os=Win32_64

HTH
Message 10 of 10
swickert101
in reply to: rkmcswain

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report