Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad LT performance issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
agallardoK3VY5
246 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCad LT performance issues

I have a user who's having issues using Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2024. The process that he's trying to do is deselect objects within a file. The process for that is to select all of the objects within a file to either rotate or move them and then deselect the objects that I do not want to rotate or move. The selection process is smooth, the deselection process is where it freezes. He's also noticed when he selects all or most of the objects within a file and try to move them as a whole it will also lock up without using the deselection process.

Really any process where he's manipulating large numbers of objects at the same time, anything that is beyond the capabilities of the onboard processor.

We've uninstalled AutoCAD and reinstalled it, we reimaged the laptop and reinstalled the AutoCAD software. We've run all updates and patches, we completely swapped out for an entirely new computer and the issue is still persistent.

CND22234NH - HP Z Book Studio 15.6 inch G8 Mobile Workstation PC
Windows 11
32GB memory
Processor Information
16 Processors:
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900H @ 2.50GHz
2.5Ghz
1 CPU Processors
8 CPU Cores
Nvidia RTXA3000

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RobDraw
in reply to: agallardoK3VY5

@agallardoK3VY5 wrote:

I have a user who's having issues using Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2024. The process that he's trying to do is deselect objects within a file. The process for that is to select all of the objects within a file to either rotate or move them and then deselect the objects that I do not want to rotate or move. The selection process is smooth, the deselection process is where it freezes. He's also noticed when he selects all or most of the objects within a file and try to move them as a whole it will also lock up without using the deselection process.

Really any process where he's manipulating large numbers of objects at the same time, anything that is beyond the capabilities of the onboard processor.

The file itself and/or the contents may be the culprit. Any time you are trying to edit large amounts of entities, you might be pushing the limits of performance. When I run into this, I make smaller selection sets and do it several times.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 4

As above, the file/contents could be the problem, or part of it at least.

You could try doing and OVERKILL and an AUDIT on the file to reduce the amount of excess entities, fix any possible errors. It might not make a difference but worth a try.

-----------------------------------------------
"music is my religion" - Jimi Hendrix

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators