Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT LISP

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
15402 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD LT LISP

Hi All,

I understand AutoDesk AUTOCAD LT does not support the APPLOAD command for LISP files.

But is there a work around to load LISP files in a script?

Also, I ran across an ADD-ON called CADSTA which loads a APPLOAD command somehow. Is this application against Autodesk TOS or illegal?

I read how programs modifying the code are illegal, but this is an add-on that attaches itself to the program.

Also, can we upgrade to AUTOCAD from LT or do we need to purchase a whole new license?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You can't trick LT into running add-ons from 3rd party authors who used full AutoCAD to program and create their content: if you need 3rd party add-ons, you should not be using LT.

LISP is not an option in LT: outside of Australia it's a license violation to try and add that ability back into LT. As in Autodesk sues you, takes you to court, charges you $$$$$, then goes out of it's way to notify your professional associations and competitors in your region that they snagged you violating your software license. They also tell all other software vendors about you, who then may or may not come knocking to find out more. It's a pretty vicious process to say the least.

FYI there are no "upgrades" at Autodesk anymore: you region of the world may be running special pricing, contact a reseller and find out if you qualify for any discounts out there.

Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report