Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT Custom Properties

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
872 Views, 6 Replies

Autocad LT Custom Properties

In Autocad 2007 I was able to write a lisp that replaced the .prp file that edited the custom fields automatically for me. I had separate software that would write the .prp file. Does LT have this file? If not, where is the custom info stored? I know I cant doe a lisp, but even a copy and paste into the file would speed me up. I could copy and paste each individual line into the properties box, but I was spoiled by the lisp I had for 2007...

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD LT forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

PROPULATE is a command that is not part of AutoCAD LT. It is part of the Express Tools that are included in full AutoCAD.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem or question. Please mark my post as the solution if it resolved the issue or give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Honestly I already knew that. I was hoping to find out if that custom info is stored in a different way and if it was accessible for direct editing. The propulate lisp I had accomplished entering the relevant info for each job in a matter of a few seconds. I was just hoping there was some sort of a workaround that would accomplish the task as quickly. Doing about a hundred projects a month, all with separate addresses, owner info, permit locations, sq footage's and a number of other fields that need to be filled out, it just gets a little tedious constantly filling out that info.

Thanks for the assistance though.

Message 5 of 7
cadffm

What steps did propulate for you?
If you need the empty custom fields you have to create them in your template, constant values too.

And what are the next steps where propulate did help you?

Write more details, so we can help to find the way or some workarounds.

I dont want to write about all helpful things for LT Users,
but for single goals i will help.

Sebastian

Message 6 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

The custom properties in DWGPROPS can also be viewed in the Properties from Windows Explorer so I believe that it should be possible to edit the contents but I have not yet located a utility that does this.

Capture.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

This is the code from the simple lisp:

(defun c:LP()
  (command"PROPULATE""A""Drawing_Properties.prp""U""C""REGEN")

(princ)
  )

This is the .prp generated by Laserfiche:

; block.attribute: @[block.attribute_tag]
; insert name of block . name of attribute tag
; and the attributes value will be inserted
;
; reserved commands: @[XREFLIST] = lists all attached xrefs
; @[FONTLIST] = lists all fonts
; @[IMAGELIST] = lists all attached images
;
; literal string: anything not surrounded by @[ ]

[Summary]
Title=
Subject=
Author=
Keywords=
Hyperlink=
Comments=

[Custom]
Custom1a=Roof style
Custom1b=Mansard
Custom2a=Customer
Custom2b=Misc. Homeowner
Custom3a=Sub Name
Custom3b=
Custom4a=HCC job Number
Custom4b=18050108
Custom5a=Windzone
Custom5b=135
Custom6a=Permit area
Custom6b=Pinellas County
Custom7a=Job address
Custom7b=Redacted,
Custom8a=roof height
Custom8b=3'-6"
Custom9a=SQ FOOTAGE
Custom9b=1065
Custom10a=City
Custom10b=St. Pete

Those custom fields are placed in all 5 sheets of the .dwg file. The fields are pulled from the database. This ensures there are no misspellings, or other mistakes in the data entry for the fields in the .dwg files. I would basically place that .prp file on my desktop, then run that lisp and the fields would fill automatically for me. The process took about 5 seconds. I can copy and paste into DWGPROPS manually, line by, but that takes a bit more time.

I dont know if there is another way to accomplish this or not.

Thanks..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report