Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT crashing uncontrollably

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
413 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD LT crashing uncontrollably

Starting today, AutoCAD LT started crashing unexpectedly causing me to loose a bunch of work. What's going on? I've sent a bunch of reports but this is riddiculous.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

What year version is this?
Your OS?
What does your IT person see changing on your PC and/or where you store your files today that is different from last week?

Message 3 of 9
rkmcswain

Anytime you do something worth saving, run the QSAVE command. You won't lose any work this way.

Unless the QSAVE command itself is causing the crash of course.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Its AutoCAD LT 2020 running on Windows 10 that has taken in all the recent updates.

Nothing changed. It was fine in the morning - on for a couple of hours then the computer was off for one hour then this happened. AutoCAD crashes after about 10 min of work.

Message 5 of 9
rkmcswain

Whether you realize it or not, something changed. Could be the data files you are working on, Windows updates, some other application replaced a DLL, etc., etc.  Do you have, or can you create a separate Windows user account on this PC? If so, switch to it and repeat your actions under this other user account. Do the issues go away?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

I did as you suggested and started AutoCAD in a new user account - it went through the motions of first run, doing its setup and such. I worked on the same file for a bit and it didn't crash. I admit I'm a little impatient and didn't want to wait too long - but if this is the case that its something in my account than what should I do?

Message 7 of 9
rkmcswain

We have over 500 users and I see this happening about once a week. To solve, we reset the user's settings, which is essentially what you have accomplished (as a test) by using a different Windows login.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Ok. Does this mean I shouldn't migrate my settings?

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Resetting has indeed resolved the issue! Thank you kindly!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report