Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2021 creat a new layer

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1104 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad LT 2021 creat a new layer

Hello everyone,

Lately I wanted to create a new layer with the latest version of Autocad LT 2021, except that the "new layer" icon in the "Start" -> "Layer property" tab is locked.
Impossible to create a new layer, neither with the keyboard shortcut alt+n.
I also tried with the standard autocad template "acadlt - Named Plot Styles.dwt" without success, always the same problem.
When I use Autocad LT 2020, this icon is clickable, so it is possible to create a new layer without any problem.

(Translated withDeepl from French)

Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you post a screenshot of the location you are using in LT2021 to make sure we are all on the same page?
I have no issues creating new layers in LAYER command all day long in LT2021 (and have been for quite some time now).

Or do you just need to reset LT2021 perhaps to see if that clears it, like this https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to...

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Here a printscreen.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Try the reset I suggested, if that does not work, perform a full reinstall: it works fine here in LT2021, always has.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you, I reset AutoCAD LT 2021 and now it's working !!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators