Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2021 Crashing

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jessalynfriske
1497 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2021 Crashing

I recently installed AutoCAD LT 2021 on my new computer. While I am in the middle of drawing, it will freeze up and my screen will go black. Then I have to log back in to my computer and AutoCAD has closed out. I tried turning off the hardware acceleration and turning down the video memory caching level. But none of that seems to help.

I am running Windows 10. Video card is Radeon RX 580 Series. Processor is Intel Core i9 (3.7 GHz). 64 GB of RAM.

Do you have any other suggestions to keep it from crashing?

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jessalynfriske

your screen going black could be your graphics card going out start troubleshooting your computer or take your computer to a repair shop

Message 3 of 8
pendean

In addition to other advice...
See if turning off INTELLIGENTUPDATE helps in the meantime while you schedule that repair/replacement with your computer's manufacturer.
Message 4 of 8
jessalynfriske
in reply to: Anonymous

Diagnostics were run on my video card, and there is nothing wrong with it.

Message 5 of 8
jessalynfriske
in reply to: pendean

I tried setting Intelligent Update to 0, but it's still crashing.

Message 6 of 8
pendean

"Diagnostics" does not fix a conflict with autoCAD: it also does not address a hardware problem if your computer goes black when pushed by an intense program like AutoCAD.

You could try replacing the video card driver (older may be better than newer, so try both) or you need to toggle back (or off) hardware acceleration inside AutoCAD2021: for the latter, start GRAPHICSCONFIG command and change 2D DISPLAY SETTINGS to either "intermediate" or "basic mode", then test. If that does not help, then turn off hardware acceleration altogether.

If you still get black screen, you have a hardware problem with your new computer: you will need to get to your computer's support for repair (I would push for a total replacement). You might just have a lemon.

Good Luck.
Message 7 of 8
jessalynfriske
in reply to: pendean

The hardware has been checked and is fine. The computer will run intense video games with no issues. AutoCAD is the only program that has been crashing it.

I reinstalled AutoCAD yesterday and for the few hours that I used it, it did not crash. So we'll see if that holds out.

Message 8 of 8
pendean

>>>...I reinstalled AutoCAD yesterday and for the few hours that I used it, it did not crash...<<< That usually means you have something else going on: there are no moving parts to break. what is your anti-virus software? What other software did you start after a "few hours"?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators