Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2017 export to PDF. searchbox can't find "keyword"

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
454 Views, 6 Replies

Autocad LT 2017 export to PDF. searchbox can't find "keyword"

Hi,

How can i export to PDF , after i can make search in Searchbox some "keyword" text.

I have to exemple in attachment

exemple  1  can find a text used on drawing  but,

exemple 2  can't

I would like how to make export from AUTOCAD LT   activate this function ?

See attachment.

Thank's your help.

exemple 1.jpgexemple 2.jpg

john.vellek has embedded your image(s) for clarity

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Which PDF driver are you using, and how do you have it set to handle fonts?

BTW, try PLOT, not "export": you get more control over your output and settings rather than just accepting defaults you may not actually want.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

I didn't undestand your solution.

Let me to sent you my dwg file, and if you can export on pdf file with recognizing text /tag/num ,

Please tell me after  procedure  to create export PDF with  text recognizing.

Thank's a lot

Message 4 of 7
pendean

There was no solution posted, I simply asked for more information.

Thanks for the file: I see it is missing some fonts and I see a lot of text with unusual lettering, do you have the same issue?

Capture.PNG 

Is EPDFSHX variable set to 1 or 0 in your file at your PC? Read these solutions from Autodesk (note the setting required in your PDF reader)

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to...

Or consider moving away from SHX and only using TTF fonts (like in your titleblock).

Message 5 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD LT forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I too see many fonts that are missing in your file.  I also noticed upon opening the file that it does not originate from AutoCAD. 

Capture.PNG

When I run into problems, I like to get such things taken care of first.  Can you verify that you have all the fonts on your system? (Check your Text Styles) Please also run -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD to get this into a "pure" AutoCAD format.

Then, as Dean suggests, try using TTF fonts as that will improve how this will work for you.

Once you have completed these steps, try plotting using the DWG to PDF driver and select the options to make sure that you are capturing the font when producing the PDF.

Capture2.PNG

I have attached my exported version of your file here for your use.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Hi  Pendean,

I like your solution.

I changed "style text" from ISO to TTF and problem is solved.

PDF driver "searchbox " find all tag's and text.

But how can i solve the problem for "AAAAAAA" letter and replace it per "line" ? And change width of  tags at same time for all ?

Message 7 of 7
pendean

I don't know what those "AAAAAA" are supposed to be, but if needed, type them back in I suppose.

You can assign width in STYLE command for the ones you wish to do that with, then REGENALL to see the changes on screen.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators