Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2016 - Viewport Scale - Showing Inches not MM - help?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
13985 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2016 - Viewport Scale - Showing Inches not MM - help?

Hi All

I'm new to LT 2016; having used 2007 for some time.

I'm trying to create viewports in paperspace and then scale them. This used to be relatively simple in a viewports tab which I had pinned to my personal template...

I've worked out that viewports are now created using the layout tab and then 'layout viewports'. To scale, I have discovered that this is highlighted in the properties to the left.

However, when I choose the dropdown menu in properties, it only gives me the option of inches and not mm. Can someone help?

Screenshot attached.

[ The subject line of this post has been edited for clarity by @handjonathan Original: Viewport Scale - Showing Inches not MM - help? ]

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hwalker
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Forums

What units is the drawing set as?

Also you can reset the scales by typing -SCALELISTEDIT(Note the hyphen at the beginning of the command) at the command line and then telling it to RESET

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: hwalker

the drawing is set as decimal/mm...

image 1.jpg

but when i select the 'scale viewport' button...

Image 2.jpg

...i only get a list of scales in inches (along with a few of my own failed attempts at custom scales at the top, which remain at 100% scale)

I am able to succesfully scale the viewport using zoom; 1/500xp, but when i try to add my own custom scales on this list, I cant seem to get anything other than 100% scale.

Message 4 of 6
pendean

Share your DWG file if using -DWGUNITS command (there is a dash in the name) to properly set your file's drafting units is not working.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Try this:

1) Custom...

2) Add...

3) Type a name (1:2000)

4) Set the scale:   Paper units = 1 Drawing units = 2000

5) ok.

It works !)

Message 6 of 6
jos6VQNY
in reply to: hwalker

This is the solution, You reset it to metric 

jos6VQNY_0-1669627516210.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report