Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2014 Crashing due to windows updates

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1030 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2014 Crashing due to windows updates

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, so hopefully this hasn't already been answered. I'm having problems with my AutoCAD LT 2014 crashing whenever I try and save or use the tool ribbon. The only solution that I have found was to uninstall all recent (last 2-3 months) windows updates. Not allowing my computer to install windows updates doesn't seem like a good long term solution to me. I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas? Do I need to upgrade to a newer version of LT? Thanks in advance for the help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

LT2014 is not supported in Win10 if that is the actual problem http://autode.sk/1IY4C2X

This current Windows Update seems to be the culprit, here is how to address it in all Windows versions https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Autodesk-products-not-wo...
Message 3 of 6
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD LT forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

What is your OS? Rolling that back might fix the issue temporarily but it will most likely happen again when updates get reinstalled. You can obviously move back to an older OS but at some point that might not be supported or updated too.

Now you could explore the option of building a virtual machine in your computer that runs an older OS to run AutoCAD but that could be cumbersome.

If you would like to try a Trial of current product you can grab a 30-day free one from here.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 6
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post or Dean's helped you with your problem. Please mark a post or posts as accepted solutions if they resolved the issue or give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I am going to have to switch to a newer version of LT. Like I said, if I roll back the updates, it works fine, but that isn't really a long term solution. As stated in the original post, I'm running Windows 8.1 currently. The virtual box is a little above my skill level, so I'm just going to roll back the updates until I can talk my boss into purchasing LT 2017. Thanks again for the help and sorry for the delay in responding.

Message 6 of 6
pendean

FWIW you can't "purchase" any new version of LT, you simply rent it aka "subscribe" either month-to-month or year-to-year (or in some cases 3-years to 3-years).

Hope the boss is OK with that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report