Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pdmode affecting line vertices

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
441 Views, 6 Replies

pdmode affecting line vertices

I want to change the point mode of point objects, when I reset pdmode, all of the vertices on my lines take on the same mode. How can I change the point mode without affecting line vertices?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Reset to what? From what?
Can you post a sample DWG file? I'm not sure your description of the problem is accurate. PDMODE only affects the appearance of POINT objects, nothing else. EVER.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I have been an AutoCad user for many years and have never had this problem before. In the attached file the red points should be all that is affected by the pdmode command, but my contour line vertices are also affected. I don't get it.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

RECOVER command found problems with your file

1.PNG

Your file contains 3922 POINT objects scattered all over your contours: PDMODE set to anything other than 0 does create shapes that can look like they are taking over the drawing. These are not the same as the red-colored + shapes which are blocks.

Do you just need to set PDSIZE to something smaller than 2 perhaps (what your file opens as showing here)? then it can stay small and not look like your other objects are being affected (which they are not by the way). Do NOT set PDSIZE to 0, you will not enjoy that effect when you REGEN and zoomed out.

2.PNG

Message 5 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking to see if Dean's great solution fixed your drawing problem with PDMODE.  If so, please mark his post as the solution and reward him with Kudos.  If you are still having problems, add a post and I will try to help.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for your response. Apparently the problem is not with AutoCAD Lt, but with the program that that I am using to export the contours. I will review the steps on that side of my process to see if I can keep those points from being generated in the first place. I don't want them and don't need them. Final question: If I freeze or lock the red points, is there a way to select just the points on the line layer and delete them?

Thank you

Message 7 of 7
pendean

Select one POINT object, right-click and choose SELECT SIMILAR from the pop-up menu. Do with them as you which after that, they are all selected.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report