Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2004, Wondows7

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
756 Views, 16 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2004, Wondows7

Haven't used AutoCad for quite a while but when copying an item using ORTHO mode and coordinates, e.g. 0,-50 the copy ends up to the left and below the original. Even using 0,50 copy ends up in same area. Can anyone please advise. Is it to do with UCS, WCS, etc.?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

If you are going to take the time to type instructions for AutoCAD to follow, get in the habit of adding one other thing to ensure you always get what you want all the time.

@0,-50 for example tells AutoCAD to move the object from where this object is located. This is known as RELATIVE COORDINATES.

#0,-50 tells AutoCAD to always move the object to the absolute (never moves) universal location at those coordinates. This is known as ABSOLUTE COORDINATES.

Or get in the habit of remembering DYNPICOORDS variable and change it's settings in each fiel you have a problem in: usage explained in HELP.
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Many thanks for your reminder, I'm back in business!

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous

I've somehow altered the scale of objects in my drawing inadvertantly. Can some please advise how to change the scale. I've referred to the 'Help' source but without success.

Message 5 of 17
pendean

scale?
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous

Hi,

The object in my drawing now measures incorrectly, I must have somehow changed the scale of my original object/drawing. Does this clarify my query?

Message 7 of 17
pendean

What command are you using to "measure"? DIST is the correct command, anything else may be the problem and not your block.
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous

When I first drew the 'object', I used DIST to confirm the sizes and added the dimensions to the drawing. Now, when I open up the drawing, the dimensions shown are totally different! So, I'm assuming that somehow I've changed the drawing scale??

Message 9 of 17
pendean

Dimensions are controlled by DIMSTYLE command changes: does DIST still reflect the correct measurements?
Message 10 of 17
Anonymous

Using TOOLS/Inquiry/Distance, the measurement now is 2,050 whereas it was and should be 5,130.

Message 11 of 17
pendean

That's 2.5 time less: almost the difference between imperial and metric scales.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous

​Well spotted! If you are correct, how do I go about changing my drawing
units from imperial (inches) to metric (mm)??
Message 13 of 17
pendean

At the commandline, type -DWGUNITS (there is a dash in the command name) and answer the questions presented.

Then check your INSUNITS variable setting: usage explained in HELP.
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous

Thanks. I typed "​-DWGUNITS" in the command line and it came up 'Unknown
command' 'Press F1 for help' which didn't help.
Message 15 of 17
pendean

Must be newer than LT2004: use UNITS command instead.
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous

​UNITS worked and Drawing Units box appeared but millimetres was already
selected. Checked my drawing again and dimension still 2052(mm?)​.
Message 17 of 17
pendean

INSUNITS will resize blocks on INSERT if set incorrectly as well.

Or you imported the incorrect object.

You can use SCALE command to start fixing everything too.

You somehow triggered a 2.5 scale reduction: I can;t tell what it is you did or are doing from way over here sadly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report