Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD is broken

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
gordonNXKSE
566 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD is broken

I was dealing with a difficult pdf import when an error message popped up that I didn't read but instead I just tried dealing with the pdf file another way. Now every time I try to do a measurement in AutoCAD it just shows a question mark by the cursor and no measurement. I quit AutoCAD, restarted the computer and opened a known file, but AutoCAD is still behaving the same way. Have any of you guys seen this and can you tell me how to fix it?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
steven-g
in reply to: gordonNXKSE

Can you post a screenshot and a copy of the last 3 or 4 lines of your command history when this happens?

Message 3 of 9
gordonNXKSE
in reply to: steven-g

Setting dynmode to 3 (from a response to someone else's similar question) fixed it. It was set to -1; I don't know what dynmode is, or why it needs to be set to 3, or how it got set to -1, but I guess I don't care.

Message 4 of 9
gordonNXKSE

I spoke too soon. I got the same error msg again; here is a screenshot. When I hit OK AutoCAD crashed and I lost my work.

Message 5 of 9
gordonNXKSE

OK, so my screenshot is broken as well.

Never mind; it's working now.

Message 6 of 9
gordonNXKSE

This time the measuring tool didn't break and dynmode is still set to 3. Right before it crashed all my plot styles were gone, but I started AutoCAD again and they are back.

Message 7 of 9
pendean

This is a system level problem, from your operating system:

pendean_0-1615411698224.png

You need to restart your computer, go into your login temp folder as explained HERE and delete everything in it that you are allowed to delete.

If that does not help, take your computer to a repair shop if you do not have an IT department, you may be about to lose a lot more than you bargained for.

Message 8 of 9
gordonNXKSE
in reply to: pendean

Both times I got that error message I was trying to import the same problematic pdf file, so I won't try that again. I launched AutoCAD again and now it appears to be running normally and has for a while now. Should I still panic?

Message 9 of 9
pendean

Engage with your IT support to lean up your PC "just in case".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators