Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad DWG Launcher 'linking' to wrong version

43 REPLIES 43
SOLVED
Message 1 of 44
Anonymous
73980 Views, 43 Replies

Autocad DWG Launcher 'linking' to wrong version

So, I have searched the forums and found similar queries but mine seems a bit different...

I had the trial version of Autocad 2015 (Full version), decided to buy LT, so uninstalled the trial version and downloaded LT 2015.

When trying to open DWG's from explorer the default application is set to Autocad DWG Launcher which is found in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AcShellEx". However, when I try to open files from explorer I get this warning message: "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\acad.exe'

I think this is the problem, I have the correct application set to open DWG's but that application is looking for a version that is no longer installed on my machine. Can I set Autocad DWG Launcher to look for the correct version (LT 2015)? I have tried repair and a reinstall to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Craig

43 REPLIES 43
Message 41 of 44
duarte.silveira
in reply to: pendean

Hi, My solution for this problem was to install Autodesk DWG Trueview 2014, associate dwg files with this software (simply open one dwg file with dwg true view 2014), then associate dwg files to autocad LT 2018 (simply open one dwg file with LT 2018) and then all works perfectly and when I open multiple drawings I don't get multiple instances of AutoCAD LT 2018 running. Only works if DWG True view 2014 is installed, not with DWG True view 2018. Running AutoCAD LT 2018 on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Kind regards, DS
Message 42 of 44
darrell.kennedy
in reply to: pendean

I have C3D 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019. For some reason today when I right clicked and selected open from explorer my files were opening in 2019 when typically then open in 2018. Setting SDI to 0 solved this for me. 

Thanks for the tip. 

Message 43 of 44
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks a lot! It works for me with Autocad LT 2020. 

However I didn´t have to add the XX (LT) to the key below. Otherwise it didn´t work. 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\DwgCommon\shel​lex\apps{F29F85E0-4FF9-1068-AB91-08002B27B3D9}:Aut​oCAD XX

(XX  may or may not be there, depending on LT or AutoCAD)

Regards. 

Message 44 of 44
onurbjc
in reply to: luciboxee

Tive o mesmo problema com versões 2023 e 2022

Obrigado pela dica

Translated by Google
Traduzido por [@clacampos] através do Google Tradutor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report