Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2021 - Block palette library

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jghammanMSCD
6040 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD 2021 - Block palette library

I know autocad lt 2021 was just released, but i created a library from a folder of blocks just to see how it works, and now it will not let me delete the library. tried deleting the blocksmetadata folder but it justs keeps coming back when i reopen autocad lt. anyone know how to delete the library and blocksmetadata folder?

[ The subject line of this post has been edited for clarity by @handjonathan Original: Block palette library ]

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cadffm
in reply to: jghammanMSCD

There is nothing like a library...

That just the content of what you selected as last in this tab.

In this tab you can navigate to a folder  or a DWG,

The Blockpalette Tab Libraries shows files in this folder, if you selected a folder

or the internal blocks of a DWG, if you selected a DWG.

It's the same as in 2020, or in DesignCenter. If you think you "created a library", thats wrong.

EXCEPT

you are online and you uploaded a file to the cloud, then it looks like you created "a library",

but it is as described before: Just a look into your selected file.

Delete this file or select another file - or an empty folder - and it disappears

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
jghammanMSCD
in reply to: cadffm

Hi CADffm

thank you for replying so quick, the library tab on the blocks palette is new in 2021 i believe. what happens is when you direct it to a folder it shows the drawing files but also creates a folder called blocksmetadata with png and json files that are only 1 or 2 kb but for 144 drawing created 1164 files that I don't want but everytime I try to delete the files and the folder they come right back when I open autocad lt 2021.

Message 4 of 8
cadffm

>"the library tab on the blocks palette is new in 2021 i believe."

Yes and no, the name of this TAB was "other drawing" in 2020 -> Click!

>" but also creates a folder called blocksmetadata with png and json files that are only 1 or 2 kb but for 144 drawing created 1164 files that I don't want"

Nobody want this (there)! Read this => Click here!

>"but everytime I try to delete the files and the folder they come right back when I open autocad lt 2021."

1. Only if you open the Blockpalette with the same target as before.

Then ACAD checks if the folder .blocksMetadata with all block previews is there, if not -> create the Preview files.

2. For a Text: Open Blockpalette, Libraries, select a empty folder, close AutoCAD.

Now you can delete the .blocksMetadata folder on other locations,

Restart Acad... They do not re-appear untol you select this target folder or target file again.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
jghammanMSCD
in reply to: cadffm

thanks CADffm

that's kind of ridiculous.

Message 6 of 8
steven-g

The library only looks to 'remember' the last 5 folders or drawings used in the library dropdown. So find 5 folders or drawings that you do actually want to use as library entries, and after that just go back and delete the blocksmetadata from the 'test' folder. Though you will have to close AutoCAD first.

Or, close AutoCAD, temporarily rename the 'tested' folder you used and delete the metadata folder. Open AutoCAD and the insert dialogue will tell you it can't find a folder. (Now you will need to add at least one dwg file or folder to the library that you can use), then in the dropdown reselect the bad folder, AutoCAD will tell you it can't find that folder and then ask you if you want to delete it from the recent list 'et voila' GONE

Message 7 of 8
dhoyler

I have the same problem. You would think deleting a file would be a given base feature. I put in some junk files with many blocks, just to see how Block Palette works. But now I am stuck with all this junk. I assumed (yes I know....) deleting would be found by right clicking - but no.

Message 8 of 8
pendean
in reply to: dhoyler

@dhoyler wrote:

I have the same problem. You would think deleting a file would be a given base feature. I put in some junk files with many blocks, just to see how Block Palette works. But now I am stuck with all this junk. I assumed (yes I know....) deleting would be found by right clicking - but no.

Open a support case with Autodesk if you are on subscription to seek out Autodesk Support's help: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/support-options/we...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators