Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2020 LT system requirements

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
3925 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD 2020 LT system requirements

I am just starting to learn AutoCAD and I would like to know what are the most vital PC requirements. I have seen the system requirements and I am purchasing a new pc and would like to keep my costs down so I want to be able to get the system requirements to properly run AutoCAD but don't want to get the top end of a computer system if I don't need it. Thank you in advance for any knowledge and information regarding this that you can provide.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

Basically, any PC running Windows will run AutoCAD LT 2020. Will it run good if it's a $450 computer? Probably not. Go with the minimum specs published by Autodesk as a bare minimum for decent performance. If you have a choice, spend your money on clock speed for the processor (instead of # of cores), then a fast hard drive, then RAM, then video.

That is the quick and dirty version. Ask if you have more questions.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Capture.PNG

Message 4 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: pendean

@Anonymous said: "I have seen the system requirements"

Message 5 of 8
pendean
in reply to: rkmcswain

"see" then asking would indicate the OP needed more guidance, which was offered.

Message 6 of 8
rkmcswain

yes, in post #2
Message 7 of 8
costelmt

@pendean why did you not recommend a 4k monitor in your post last year? Also, what is meant by "capable display card"?

'

Message 8 of 8
pendean
in reply to: costelmt

Some users cannot handle 4k displays, as soon as they get one they come back here whining and complaining and asking about resizing text/icons then get mad at the wonky results fighting a 4k display.

See the chart I posted earlier for video card requirements https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-forum/autocad-2020-lt-system-requirements/m-p/8825576#M174...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators