Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2019 performance optimization

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
860 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD 2019 performance optimization

I am recently experiencing sluggish performance with 2019 LT.  I run Windows 10 on a fairly new computer.  I am no computer expert, but I think my system is well beyond the minimum requirements to run LT.

Intel i5 processor

12 GB ram

64 bit 

I have tried the optimization tips provided by Autodesk, but have not had much success.  One tip I have not been able to understand states 

• "Turn off all compatibility settings under Properties > Compatibility except for "Run this program as administrator."

I have been unable to locate this command.  Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

It's not a command in AutoCAD, that's a Windows right-click action over the shortcut you use to launch AutoCAD. But I'd be surprised if it helps unless you are on a limited log-in setup in Windows.

LT2019 needs to be updated to 2019.1.2: is it? Find out with ABOUT command.
You might need to reset LT2019 as well to remove any old content you might have migrated from an older version too https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to...

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the help.  As you expected, that solution was a long-shot and did not seem to help.  However, things are running a little better now.  I employed as many of the Optimization Tips as I could.  I think the one that made the most difference was setting my graphics to "basic."  It is still a bit jumpy, especially when using a hatch command.  My previous versions operated much more smoothly on a much older and less capable computer.

Regarding your suggestion of resetting 2019 to its defaults, what functions are effected?  I am always nervous to try the "restore default" route.  Thanks again.

Message 4 of 6
pendean

"resetting" returns AutoCAD/LT2019 to "factory settings".

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

AutoCAD 2019LT is still jumpy with certain commands, particularly hatch, stretch, and measure (area) among others.  As I mentioned earlier, I am running a new computer with - I think - more than adequate hardware (Intel I5 processor, 12 GB ram, and 64 bit architecture). Are there other hardware issues that could impact the speed and response of the program, like the graphics card, etc? 

Message 6 of 6
pendean

What is your video card?
Start GRAPHICSCONFIG command and turn off hardware acceleration: how about now?

Your PC hardware specs are basic/average, better than that would be "more than adequate" IMHO.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report