Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Renewal Vs Discount

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
iant123DM83S
2437 Views, 4 Replies

Auto Renewal Vs Discount

Hi team LT

Ian the 'human' here [haven't taken my mRNA Moderna 'operating system' shot yet. Keeping my DNA human thank you! ].

To prove "I am not a robot:

" $1,595 - $1,340 = $255.

The Autodesk robot system sent me an email today advising my 3 year SUBSCRIPTION is due.

It boasted the price is discounted at $1,595. So I looked online to see how much I am saving. Online was $255 cheaper than the Autodesk discount:-(

Discount my ar$# [foot]... I can get a new subscription for $255.00 cheaper on line at the current rate. Huh? How does that work?

I rang Autodesk [and listened to AI robots for 45+mins] till a sweet girl finally answered, who tried to convince me that 'paying more' than the Autodesk offer I could get online, was actually discounted [copmapred to usual price]. Huh?

I asked to speak to someone higher up who could match online Autodesk AU price, she said someone would call, waited all day, no one did. Am I missing something here or do I need another exabyte of Moderna homo deus GENE EDITING mRNA injected unlawfully into my godgiven DNA to understand this logic? Cyber Humour!

OPTIONS

1. Renew my current subscription [for 3 years] at $1,590

2. Delete my current subscription [only days remaining] and Re- SUBSCRIBE for $1,340... Duh!

NB:

My insurance company gives me LOYALTY discounts the longer I stay with them. Incl match price promotioanl offers. Autodesk, not so!

QUESTION

If I RE-Subscribe for 3 years, to save $255... what technical issues should I prepare to face when Re-Loading /.\-LT?

- Obviously i want to save my settings from the current version.

- What is the best way to RE-Subscribe, but keep my settings [Workspace, pgp, etc.]

- Do I delete my current subscription first?

- Or will I be able just download and follow the prompts...

Any LT re-loading tips that a 'human' can understand welcome.

2021 LT Price.gif

One would think Autodesk would give loyalty reward and match their own offer.

Have a great day.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RobDraw
in reply to: iant123DM83S

Major purchases usually come with choices (and risks) but, as a consumer, you are protected to some extent. Do what you feel is right for you or ask a robot for an answer that is derived from logic.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 5
Lareedrdg
in reply to: iant123DM83S

Im having the same issue with my subscription per month price going up in May.  I checked online and a new subscription was $48.00 -WHICH IS $20.00 cheaper per month!   So i called and spoke to a gal who CANCELLED MY OLD SUBSCRIPTION AND got me in on the 20% off promotion and thought I was all set.  Now this month the price per month was deducted as $64.80!   WHERE IS THE NEW DISCOUNTED SUBSCRIPTION PRICE??   As a single mom, part time consultant, I use Autocad but am wondering if i need to look at competitor's products.    IF THIS IS HOW THEY TREAT CLIENTS WHO HAVE BEEN LOYAL TO THEIR PRODUCT FOR TWENTY YEARS??

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Lareedrdg

@Lareedrdg wrote:

...but am wondering if i need to look at competitor's products.    IF THIS IS HOW THEY TREAT CLIENTS WHO HAVE BEEN LOYAL TO THEIR PRODUCT FOR TWENTY YEARS??

You do what you need to do all the time: not everyone can afford price hikes, these days are tougher than usual to boot. Autodesk is a commercial business with shareholders, and just like every single commercial business with shareholders, they always come first.

The only exceptions are $1Million plus customers, which I'm sure as heck not.

Good luck.

Message 5 of 5
RobDraw
in reply to: Lareedrdg

Thinking you know and actually knowing the agreement that you signed is completely up to you. Reaching out to a user forum isn't going to do much for you. It sounds like you signed up for a one month discount. It is a monthly subscription, right. As opposed to a monthly payment for a longer term contract. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report