Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto CAD LT 2018 Hatch

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
431 Views, 1 Reply

Auto CAD LT 2018 Hatch

Every time I try to hatch it takes a very long time, if it hatches at all. I'm wasting so much of my time with minutia details.

The wheel just spins. I use other 3D programs where I can easily rotate a drawing with detail - But AutoCAD 2D hatching dogs my computer something terrible. The crosshairs skip and cannot land in the correct space. It can take 5 minutes to hatch a single wall. I don't have any custom hatches installed right now. I lost them all when I upgraded for 2015 to 2018. (Very frustrating)

When I hatch I close all other programs that are open. Today I even rebooted and opened the program with nothing else running. Thanks for any help!

I'm also posting my system information.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to learn a few things about hatching in AutocAD:
1. the busier your screen is, the slower the process. Turn off layers not needed.
2. raw a boundary an select the boundary to hatch, instead of picking a point, if #1 above is not an option sometimes.
3. Always, always, lock layers that you don't really need on at the time you are hatching.

Practice, practice and more practice with the tips above will get you back up to speed. AutoCAD is what it is, nothing you can do about it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators