Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATTSYNC somehow makes nested block(s) reappear after purge.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tstrypsteen
777 Views, 5 Replies

ATTSYNC somehow makes nested block(s) reappear after purge.

Hello, 

AutoCAD LT 2022/ I Can't share files unfortunately due to confidentiality./ Some attributes have a variable default, some have Multitext, no prompts though./ Fields are present in the block as well/ I have removed two visibility states earlier (I think in that there might be the rub). 

I've done the following to find the nested block(s) (in and out of blockeditor):

-Quick select (They do not show up in the value box).

-exploding the block (both in the source file as in a new file), I can't find anything out of place. 

-Replace attributes one by one and check wether or not the nested blocks would reappear after ATTsync. 

To be Honost, not all of them (yet) since there are quite a lot of them.

-Checked the insert block tab (recent drawings). 

I find it rather annoying that AutoCAD doesn't provide more information about a purgable block as it does for a non-purgable block. 

I'm unable to find them anywhere yet they keep reappearing after aplying attsync! 

Worse case scenario I'll have to start all over again. 

Have any of you dealt with this problem? And did you find the solution? 

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tstrypsteen
in reply to: tstrypsteen

One more thing: a count and list all blocks doesn't show any results either. 

Message 3 of 6
pendean

So you can't even share screenshots either?
Or a screencast video showing your actions listed above to see if we spot something unusual?

Are these dynamic blocks by chance? if not, why not rename the old block then INSERT a newly defined "fixed" block in it's place instead?
Message 4 of 6
tstrypsteen
in reply to: pendean

I'm sorry, no, the work is for a security company...

The block I want to keep is not a dynamic block, I don't know about the ones I can't purge though...

In fact important to mention, wich I forgot; They appear to be anonymous Blocks but the amount and names (I know names vary) of them changes after each ATTsync and Purge. 

For the record, I was able to find and permantly delete nested blocks that had a grip but I can't seem to find the last ones.

I took over an old block/design (poorly) made by someone else (house rules/ design). I had to do that for other stuff as well. I generally know what I'm doing but this one really makes me scratch my head. 

Also strange (just found out a couple minutes ago) in Block Editor the amount of objects selected varies (by only one) if I select all (one more) or select what I think are all the objects (the objects I want). Pressing the mouse wheel makes the frame zoom way, way out yet I'm unable to select anything beside the objects I want to keep.

I tried that in both visibility states.

If I don't reply anymore, I'll have gone home, workday is almost over 😉 

Thank you for responding.

Message 5 of 6
pendean

Open your problem file.
Start WBLOCK command
select the modelspace content you want to salvage.
Create a new file.

Open that new file: all items you could not grab will be gone, anything still in there are items you selected. I suspect the majority of your issues should have stayed behind with the problem file. SAVEAS and continue with your day.

HTH
Message 6 of 6
tstrypsteen
in reply to: pendean

Seems to have done the job well enough, thank you.
I still have some anonymous Blocks but for all intents and purposes, the block is fine now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report