Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative Objects do not appear the same size in paper space

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
622 Views, 6 Replies

Annotative Objects do not appear the same size in paper space

I generally stay away from using annotative objects, but need to understand something.  I am using detail callouts prepared by someone else that are annotative objects (prepared as dynamic blocks with attributes for detail number and page number).  Some of these objects work fine and adjust in paper space to the correct scale, however others do not.  I have checked the properties of the 'odd-balls' and can find no difference in properties between them.  I hope this is an easy fix that I am just not aware of!

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Are these blocks? Or text? or dimensions? or Mleaders?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Hi Pendean,

These are blocks with attributes that were constructed by my customer.  They look like the section callout bubbles from the annotation tab of the standard tool pallette...however they do not adjust in size in paperspace, even though the paperspace scale is properly listed in the Annotation Object Scale list.  

Message 4 of 7
pendean

By chance, in the pulldown/pull-up menu for the annotative scales, are there duplicates with _1 on the end of the scale being listed?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

No duplicates...I've attached a screen shot of the object along with a shot of the Annotation Object Dialoge box.  As a work around, I have deleted all the callouts that were not scaling in paperspace and have replaced them with new callouts from the tool pallette.  Now at least my drawing looks correct.

Message 6 of 7
pendean

Any chance ANNOAUTOSCALE (System Variable) has a negative numercial setting? Change it to 4 or turn on the icon:

Capture.PNG

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you, Pendean, what you have suggested definitely works.  I think the only conclusion I can come to with the problem I experienced was that I was working in someone else's autocad file and somehow or another a link or setting must have been changed.  Some of the annotative objects in their drawing worked fine, while others did not.  The lesson of the day is try not to work with other people's files...do it yourself when possible!  But I have definitely learned some new things in our exchange.  Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators