Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation Objects Jumbled And Enlarged In Paperspace

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
814 Views, 5 Replies

Annotation Objects Jumbled And Enlarged In Paperspace

Hello,

I am about to save to pdf my drawing but in paperspace, all the annotative objects are coming up jumbled together and different sizes, completely blocking the drawings. I have regenerated the drawing, closed and opened a new viewport and double checked that annoscale in model space is as 1. I don't recall changing anything prior as it has saved pdfs for me fine until today. There are quite a few layers that attached from blocks I imported in but then manipulated so can only assume they're not helping. I turned off those layers though to no avail. aswell. I have attached dwg if it helps to see. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks so much,

Tish 

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you the creator of the content in the file, or the one who set it all up? Probably not?
Your file is quite muddled in its text settings: the STYLEs are named for old-scoll plot scales (1/8, 3/16, 3/32) but these are all set to be annotative, you have annotative text/dims/mleaders, which change size depending on plot scale: you left the CANNOSCALE set to 1:1 while adding text/notes to your 1/4" plans/elevations.

Who set up your file? This is going to take some effort to remove annotative settings and fix it all.
Message 3 of 6
RobDraw

You've got multiple issues. I've only got time to address one.

Multiple instances of the block called Drawing Title, which is an annotative block, has a scale assigned to them. Change the scale to 1 and most of the mess goes away.

Annotation Scale.jpg

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 4 of 6
pendean

pendean_0-1598538117094.png

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you both for your responses. Yes, it is a bit of a disaster and I tried to modify properties etc. but it just wasn't working out. I ended up deleting all the annotative text and objects and started those from scratch. 

Thank you for your help! I know now what to avoid for the next one. 

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

Thank you for taking the time. I tried to modify as you suggested but it was a little jinxed and I may have started to worsen some other aspects unintentionally. Started afresh with those details but will be conscious next time. Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report