Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add drawned objects to existing block

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
15723 Views, 8 Replies

Add drawned objects to existing block

How can you add objects that are already drawned add to an existing block.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
hwalker
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Forums

1. Make sure that the block and whatever you want to put in the block are both at 1:1 scale

2. Select the items you want to put in the block.

3. Right click. Move down to clipboard and choose COPY WITH BASEPOINT (or Ctrl+Shift+C)

4. Choose a fixed point in your block, doesn't matter where (as long as it is an endpoint / intersection / insert point)

5. Edit the block

6. Paste using the point you selected in 4.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 9
victor_a_weiss

You can  also change the scale of the objects you put into the block editor using the scale command, and select only the new objects. For this you can use two known points as reference.

Message 4 of 9
cadffm

Already drawend?

First choice: Command RefEdit

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
hwalker

Should have checked the date @cadffm. I answered it back in 2016

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 6 of 9
cadffm
in reply to: hwalker

😉 I did

but1 / Victor answered the days.. and I replied to him.

but2 / and all of the answer, incl. yours. are scale dependend.

My answer, an real added value (refedit), works for scaled references too, so 

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
stephenP66RM

I hope this isn't too late to add, but there is another way. Again, you need to have the block being the same scale as the target geometry.

Right click on the block, and choose Edit Block in-Place. All lines other than the block will be editable. However, all lines can be selected.  

Select the lines you want to bring into the block by clicking on them. On the REFEDIT toolbar, clock the icon with the green plus (+) symbol. All selected items are now part of the geometry, and in the same position relative to the block origin where you brought them in.  If you want to remove any geometry from the block without deleting them, select the lines, then click the red minus (-) symbol.

When you've finished, click the icon with the disc symbol to exit with saved changes.

Please note: this doesn't copy the original geometry: this just pulls the geometry off the main drawing space into the block.

Message 8 of 9

thank you so much, your comment was extremely helpful. i was looking for the exact same method

Message 9 of 9

Glad to have helped!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators