Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a few things

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
421 Views, 3 Replies

a few things

dims coming unsnapped, frequently.  also, objects not maintaining my intended display order, in and out of blocks.

Just letting you guys know, so please, no cocky reply's from you cad geniuses on the payroll.  i don't want to get banned again for arguing on here when I'm on the clock. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
steven-g
in reply to: Anonymous

Dims stay in place when placed carefully and to the correct geometry, they are designed that way. If you dim a rectangle placing the first dimension using two corners of the rectangle then trying to place the second dimension can be where problems start, if your dimstyle doesn't allow a large enough gap away from the object then it is extremely easy when trying to place a dim that you will automatically snap to the 'END' of the preceding dim extension in place of the corner of the rectangle, or if your osnaps settings allow snapping to 'NODE' then that can also be snapped to (that's the 'point' at the end of a dimension extension line. But if you only allow 'END' osnaps in the settings and hover over the rectangle towards its end position then you should be OK. But you do have to take care and pay attention when placing dims.

Draw order is a notorious problem and more so with blocks, the best way is to draw things in the actual order you want them from off the start, even going back and using draw order in the block editor can still give problems, (it is as though the original block definition overrides later edits) I occasionally find the only way that works is just deleting stuff and start again.

PS no one here is on the payroll staff we are all users (well you might find one every so often if you look hard)

PPS I have been using AutoCAD LT for over 10 years and never had dims lose associativity unless through the problems described above. I hope that doesn't come across as cocky it's just a fact.

Message 3 of 4
cadffm

Is there a question?

Draworder:

Draworderctl and sortents is set to default?

Your checked the display after Regenall?

What productversion you talk about?

Make sure your program is updated.

Command ABOUT

for example:

?

Dim assoc.

Dimension in Modelspace?

Dimension in Paperspace for Paperspace objects 

or in Paperspace for Modelspace objects?

What kind of objects?

In 99% of cases in the Forum, the problem is that users snap to the wrong object.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
RobDraw

@Anonymous wrote:

Just letting you guys know, so please, no cocky reply's from you cad geniuses on the payroll. 

But they are the ones with the good answers.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators