Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2005 LT quick dim

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
294 Views, 5 Replies

2005 LT quick dim

I don't have a drop down menu item for the QDim in 2005 LT and would like to use this feature. My company uses 2005 LT and alot of commands are not offered from LT to the full version. Can anyone help me to access the feature please!

Thanks,
David
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The only way.........get the full version!

That's why LT is less $$$, those features are not there.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Not too sure the company will upgrade versions. I was reading online about loading "express tools" to the LT versions for extra commands. Do you purchase this or can it be downloaded for free? Sorry about the questions but I've always worked on full versions of autocad before now and it can made a person very upset having that type of change. Just looking for things to add in order to make my project smoother..
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

There are third party add-ons. Some legal some not. Some free some not.

Explore the world of macros and customising menus.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Has your company thought of upgrading to a newer version of LT? We used to try to upgrade every 3 years at the most, just to stay current with everyone else. Even if you can find and upgrade to 2008 there will be many benefits in 2D drafting -- annotative objects and viewport overrides for linetypes and layers are two of the biggest (look into them). I just looked at our 2008 LT and there's no Qdim there either -- no idea whether it's in 2009 LT or 2010 LT. The point is, you may be able to find legitimate LT upgrades on the net extremely cheap. Your 2005 version might not be elegible to upgrade all the way to 2010 LT though -- I think the cutoff is 4 years. Comparitively speaking, the upgrade cost from 2005 LT to a newer version of LT is really small, as opposed to the cost of upgrading full version to full version, or the crossgrading cost of LT to full version. Even a new copy of LT costs less than $1000, and lately Autodesk has run a few different "specials" -- one I think just ended was a new copy of LT bundled with Inventor LT for around $750. So, an upgrade to 2008 or 2009 LT has to cost lots less, right? It may even be worth it to pay for it yourself, because you don't want your skill set to fall behind those of others outside your company. I wish you luck! 🙂
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

There are no free rides to get from LT2005 to full AutoCAD features, legal
or not. Latest version of LT has many added content not found in your older
version, but that costs money too.

Talk with a manager at your office about options and workflow.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators