Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZE (Zoom Extents) does not working in 2018

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2638 Views, 8 Replies

ZE (Zoom Extents) does not working in 2018

My ZE (Zoom Extents) shortcut does not work in AutoCAD 2018 version. Any suggestions on how to get it back? I used to be able to just type ZE now I can only obtain it by typing Z (Zoom) then selecting E for Extents.

Thanks-

Lauren Adams

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Moshe-A
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous hi,

as far as i remember ZE never been a built-in shortcut, it's more likely you had it acad.lsp or acad.pgp.

you can add it your self:

Express\Tools\Command Alias Editor

moshe

Message 3 of 9
pendean

... or just double-click your mouse wheel.

Message 4 of 9
Kent1Cooper

I don't think the command-alias approach will work -- aliases call command names, but not then options within them.

If you're in a new version, you must not have migrated custom elements from before.  ZE was probably defined in an acaddoc.lsp file or something.  I have such a command myself [with -- who'd have thought? -- the same command name!], predating the mouse-wheel-double-click approach, and automatically loaded in every drawing because it's in acaddoc.lsp:

(defun C:ZE (); Zoom Extents
  (command "_.zoom" "_extents")
  (princ)
)

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 9
jayhar

Hi,

1. Sounds like you have something located far away in the drawing.

2. If you enter command "Z" it will wait for three - five seconds ??? for the next command. (Turn OFF GRAPHICSCONFIG)

3. Enter new value for REGENMODE <1>

I have this happen fairly often with drawings from customers. I call it objects in hyperspace. Things that don't show in the drawing, but are there. What I do is "ERASE", select or type in "ALL" at the command line, then do an "R" for "REMOVE", do window or crossing over what you want to keep, then "ENTER". Now "ZOOM EXTENTS". Should work, it works for me 99% of the time.

I'm no expert, so if the others think this is not a safe move, let me know.

Please Mark the Post or Posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly. If your issue persists,

Please give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

Thanks You
Jayhar.M.J

Helpful Links: Prepare your computer for download |  Autodesk Virtual Agent | Clean Uninstall | Steps for Setting-Up Student Software

Please Subscribe YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCclj8v9vHQiFa8_DriuAk3w

Please Mark the Post or Posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly.
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 9
jfalkowski
in reply to: jayhar

create an "Acaddoc.lsp" file and drop it in your "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2018" folder

File contents should be:

(DEFUN C:ZE ()
(GC)
(SETVAR "CMDECHO" 0)
(COMMAND "ZOOM" "extents")
)

IDSP '15 SP3 / '16 SP2
Dell Mobile Precision 7720 - Core i7-7820HQ / Win 10 / 32GB Ram / SSD / Quadro M1200

Message 7 of 9
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: jfalkowski

@jfalkowski wrote:

.... "Acaddoc.lsp" ... File contents should be:

(DEFUN C:ZE ()

(GC)
(SETVAR "CMDECHO" 0)
(COMMAND "ZOOM" "extents")
)

Aside from being on a year-old thread, this is the same as my suggestion in Message 4 except  for:

A. The (GC) function in it -- what is that?  [It doesn't return an error message for me, but I haven't yet found where it's defined, and therefore what it does.]  I suspect that's something in some support file such as perhaps your acaddoc.lsp [it's not in mine, but presumably some other support file].  That thought also raises the issue that the contents of acaddoc.lsp should not be  such a command definition, but should include  it along with whatever other things you may have there, or should load  it from a command-specific file.

B. The suppression of command echoing, which if you feel the need to do for such a short command definition, should be set back.

C. [An issue for only some -- it's not language-version-independent.]

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-6CABB3AF-9BED-4237-8A44-D36123246BF4

GC is a "garbage collection" function so for example any program that uses the ssget function will not work properly once the maximum number of current selection sets is exceeded (6) so to recover the use of ssget (ssx in the cad command line) you must set at least one of the selection set variables to nil then perform the GC function.  This releases the node space that is bound to a symbol with a nil value.  It can be time consuming so frequent use of GC isnt a good idea.

Message 9 of 9
s.borello

Can you double click your mouse wheel? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta