Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XRefs in plansheet won't align

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Liz_DiazSXBDM
473 Views, 5 Replies

XRefs in plansheet won't align

Does anyone know why my xrefs aren't laying on top of one another and how to fix this? We recieved these files from an architect outside the firm, they were cleaned up but now I don't understand why they are floating about in empty space! 

Liz_DiazSXBDM_0-1682346590291.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Liz_DiazSXBDM

Where is 0,0 in each source drawing?  Do they have different INSBASE System Variable settings?  Are their insertion points the same in the target drawing?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 6
cadffm

- inserted while another UCS than WCS is active

Turn WCS on and check the properties XYZ-Position

Command: UCS world

- in your xref'd file: INSBASE ist not set to 0,0,0

(open this file, set WCS first, then check your insbase setting)

- drawn at another position

Move the whole content in your xref'd file to the right position

Command: MOVE

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Liz_DiazSXBDM
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

I'm extremely new to AutoCAD so how would I go about checking for these settings? I changed the INBASE to be at points 0,0 for both xrefs.

Message 5 of 6
Patchy

Architects don't draw their building align with your topo drawing, you rotate their drawings to match your topo,

and you need to scale their drawings to 1/12

Message 6 of 6
Kent1Cooper

@Liz_DiazSXBDM wrote:

I'm extremely new to AutoCAD so how would I go about checking for these settings? I changed the INBASE to be at points 0,0 for both xrefs.

If that means they were not both at 0,0 already, then Save them, and in the target drawing, reload them.  Do they then line up correctly?  If not, then they're not drawn at the same coordinates.  You could Move everything in both so that some identifiable common location goes to 0,0 or to any definable position you choose [and Save and Reload again], or you could just Move one of them in the target drawing to sit where you want it to in relation to the other.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta