Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xrefs don't line up

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
yuben112
474 Views, 13 Replies

Xrefs don't line up

So I have a host drawing which has two xrefs, A and B in it. However, A and B don't line up very well, with about two feet offset. both A and B are at 0,0,0 insertion and the scales are the same. See attachment "Host"

Now in drawing A, I referenced B and the two lines up very nicely. see attachment "drawing A"

What could be the cause of the misalignment in the host drawing?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
user181
in reply to: yuben112

Make sure INSBASE is 0,0,0 in all drawings. Also make sure the UCS is set to world in all drawings. 

EESignature

Message 3 of 14
yuben112

Thanks for the fast replay, user181.

All drawings are set to world UCS, and insertion point at 0,0,0.

Message 4 of 14
user181

Did you check the variable INSBASE and BASE in each drawing not just the insertion point?

EESignature

Message 5 of 14
yuben112

both INSBASE and BASE are at, 0.0000, 0.0000, 0.0000

Message 6 of 14
cadffm

If WCS is current in your mainfile and you really checked the basepoint,

check your view in mainfile.

PLAN world

Idea: Lines in one file are not in WCS  xy.

plane.

If you can't solve it, create file copies, delete all except the same part in all files

and share your files (or the original files).

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 7 of 14
yuben112

cadffm. i am sorry but I don't quite understand what you are saying, and I can't share my file due to NDA agreement

Message 8 of 14
cadffm

The NDA not allowing to share 3 files with only 2 line or 2 arcs inside, and the mainfile with only 2 xrefs (with your lines or arcs),

cool.

Would be easy to show the problem, if we could check your data.

I said:

In your Main file

Command: PLAN

Option world

Does not "solve" the issue?

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 9 of 14
yuben112

cadffm,

Your last comment asked me to share my original files and I can't due to NDA.

To answer your second part, my understanding is that the PLAN, option "world" does not change UCS setting, and therefore does not affect xref insertion and orientation. it only affects the view orientation, and for argument's sake, I did change PLAN to world and re-referenced both A and B, the problem still persists.

Message 10 of 14
yuben112

The weirdest thing happened. I had another employee opened the file and everything lines up perfectly. I had him saved the drawing. I opened the file and everything lines up perfectly. I don't know what caused the mis-alignment in the first place and don't know how it was fixed by itself. strange. thank you all for your help.

Message 11 of 14
pendean

@yuben112 wrote:

cadffm,

Your last comment asked me to share my original files and I can't due to NDA.

Not quite true, read the first part of it again and not just the last

pendean_0-1708624714808.png

Basically, we only want to see a DWG file with only these lines in them. Nothing more. No secrets.

If you cannot share, you'll probably need to go to your NDA holder to ask for permission or support.

pendean_1-1708625056500.png 

pendean_2-1708625095041.png

@yuben112 wrote:

....I did change PLAN to world and re-referenced both A and B, the problem still persists.

So far it seems you missed something to everyone over here sadly.

Message 12 of 14
cadffm

@yuben112  schrieb:

The weirdest thing happened. I had another employee opened the file and everything lines up perfectly. I had him saved the drawing. I opened the file and everything lines up perfectly. I don't know what caused the mis-alignment in the first place and don't know how it was fixed by itself. strange. thank you all for your help.

With the same program? Wow, really strange, never heard before.

If that really was an AutoCAD dimension, I'm speechless.

>" I can't due to NDA."

You could have deleted and cleaned everything in one copy except for one dimension,
Then create a PDF and provide DWG + PDF.

That can't really bother anyone, a dimension.

--

>>" my understanding is that the PLAN, option "world" does not change UCS setting,"

>>" and therefore does not affect xref insertion and orientation. it only affects the view orientation,"

Follow me (and think about, we hadn't your data, so we didn't have information that this is not the case)

Draw a vertical line

copy this line from 0,0,0 to 0,0,5

you can see just one line, because one is on top of the other one..

now, rotate the view on Y-axis, 20degree

What whould you see now? TWO lines!

So it was possible that your lines in A and B are on the same XY-position, but not in Z-direction

and if you have a view nor-parallel to your ucs, it can looks like <like your issue>That was the Idea

as I wrote in #6 : Idea: Lines in one file are not in WCS xy.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 13 of 14
yuben112
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for your detailed analysis of what I saw and what I did not. I saw the word "original file". are we going to continue this discussion?
Message 14 of 14
pendean

@yuben112 wrote:
Thanks for your detailed analysis of what I saw and what I did not. I saw the word "original file". are we going to continue this discussion?

That depends on whether you still need assistance or not: you did not tag your colleague's actions as the fix to your issue. Want me to do that for you?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta