Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xrefs can insert but not bind

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
494 Views, 3 Replies

Xrefs can insert but not bind

I am unable to bind an xref but it can be inserted. However the layer names are shown with the Xref name that was inserted, which I thought only happens when binded. Does anyone know the reason for this?

Tags (3)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cynthia.claire.tan
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to AutoCAD Forum! I understand that you are facing issue when binding an XREF. Below are a couple of articles which discuss about this. At this point I am not sure if you have seen these yet but I hope these help!

If my reply was helpful, please like or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Cynthia Claire Tan
Global Product Support
Message 3 of 4
imadHabash

Hi,

I'm afraid that you have an xref inside xref . open your master xref and check inside it if you have any other attached xrefs ?

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
ennujozlagam

Check your xref's if there is an added xref's attached in the file and clean as much as possible. When you bind xref's don't select bind select insert. If you select bind you will have problem with layers with $ sign. Thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta