Did you mean: 

XREF not binding

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Sujan.Maharjan
1822 Views, 4 Replies

XREF not binding

Hi,

What's the main reason on attached xrefs not being bound. I can insert the xref but the it disappears when I select Bind option.

"Revit Lies in the tension between what we want to do and what can be done!"
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Sujan.Maharjan

Try use AUDIT and PURGE command on your Reference drawing.

Also, Check Whether There are proxy objects (PROXYNOTICE set to 1)  

Message 3 of 5

@Sujan.Maharjan hello, you can refer to this LINK. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 5
pkolarik
in reply to: Sujan.Maharjan

@Anonymous_ wrote:

Hi,

What's the main reason on attached xrefs not being bound. I can insert the xref but the it disappears when I select Bind option.

We ran into this problem a couple years ago. I don't recall all the details of it, but our issue was directly related to an xref linked into an xref which was then linked into a drawing sheet.

If we took the nested xref files and xref'd them directly into the drawing sheet (instead of into each other first, and THEN into the drawing sheet), the binding operation worked fine.

Message 5 of 5

corrupt xref files that need recovered

multiple instances of the xref within your drawing

nested xrefs

AutoCAD being finicky

I think are the 4 most common reasons that binding an xref doesnt work in my experience.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report