Did you mean: 

Xref line type scale Oddity

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
brettsauers
1103 Views, 6 Replies

Xref line type scale Oddity

So I was provided and initial floor plan of a home by an architect as normal. I took his relevant lines, such as walls and a roof lines, and copied them over into another file of mine with my standard template for line types. Are then used my standard line types to match properties so what I brought over is now in the correct format. This file will for my xref to be inserted into my main plan set. I used this procedure and these file templates all the time without issue.

When I go to insert the xref into my plan set is when the issue occurs. Everything is fine until I start to draw my lines all over the underlay. When I draw a line over the underlay that is not touching lines and objects in it, for example in the middle of a room, my new lines appear as they are supposed to. However, the second I stretch a line and snap to one of the lines are objects of the xref, the line type of my new line displays very odd. All the properties are seemingly still the same but the *viewed* linetype scale that I now see in model space is off by several orders of magnitude sometimes. In fact, if I draw a couple of different lines and stretch them so they are touching an object in the xref, they will all morph to look completely different even though they have the same properties. So yes, I can copy and paste the same line several times and then stretch each one and they will all appear a little bit different possibly.

This kept me up late into the night and I retraced this home several times does anyone know what might be causing this type of issue where the line types appear differently even though they have the same properties and are in the same model space?

To add on, when I copy the image from the xref and just insert the objects into my plan set so now no xref whatsoever, I still have the same issue.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
oswaldodcb
in reply to: brettsauers

hi @brettsauers

Check the variables in each file LTSCALE and PSLTSCALE, perhaps with different values and with the visualization of the bindings, the link for which works as they work:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/LTSCAL...

I hope this help you,

Oswaldo Caballero
Project Engineer / Autodesk Certified Instructor / Autodesk AutoCAD Certified User and Professional
Maracaibo, Venezuela
LinkedIn

Da un Me Gusta si la publicación ha sido de utilidad y si ha resuelto tu duda presiona ACEPTAR SOLUCIÓN

Message 3 of 7
user181

It sounds like the lines that you are snapping to in the xref have a z value. You might want to check all the lines in xref and put their z values to 0.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
imadHabash

Hi,

>> ....  does anyone know what might be causing this type of issue .... <<

i suggest to reload linetypes and switch between both acad.lin and acadiso.lin then regen your drawing and see if any differences.

kkl.png

Good Luck...

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
brettsauers
in reply to: user181

dear lord / user181,

You have just made me very happy with this very simple solution that I wasn't even thinking of. Apparently the architect didn't like drafting at z=0, but all of my stuff is. thank you!

Message 6 of 7
user181

You're welcome

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
user181

Also if you set the OSNAPZ variable to 1 this will not happen and you don't have to change the xref drawing.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta