Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x-ref

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
267 Views, 9 Replies

x-ref

I am trying to copy or attach x-refs provided by architect firm. When I try perform either task, only certain items are transferred to the new drawing. Where is the rest of the drawing?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

When attaching the XREF, are you selecting 'attachment' or 'overlay'?

2017-08-16_10-36-50.jpg

Message 3 of 10
Ed.Jobe

Any items drawn it paper space won't be able to be xref'ed in. It only works with model space. You can use the CHSPACE command to move the paper space items to model space.

Ed

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Attachment

Message 5 of 10
imadHabash

Hi,

>> I am trying to copy or attach x-refs provided by architect firm. <<

i'm afraid that these drawings are prepared by another software then converted some how to dwg CAD files ; so some items are lost when you attache it . would you please post a CAD file for testing and see if we will face the same problem ?

Regards,

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Ed.Jobe

When I try to select x-ref in paper space, it disappears from model space and I press enter to finish the command. Then nothing......Does it go to my clipboard?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

You're attaching the xref in paperspace, or thru an 'open viewport' when on a layout tab?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I've tried both. get the same result. Only dimensions, notes, tags are coming over. Not the layout or equipment.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

XREF will attach everything located in the model tab only, it won't pick and choose what gets attached.

Verify that you don't have any frozen/off layers in model space, where the xref should be attached.  Try not to attach the xref thru an open viewport in the layout tab.

Message 10 of 10
Ed.Jobe

@Anonymous Note I recommended using the CHSPACE command. Go to paperspace layout, start the command and select the paper space items you want to be in modelspace. Then hit ENTER. The command will use the scale of your viewport to scale the paperspace items to modelspace scale. Once you have modelspace configured the way you want it to look, then xref it.

Ed

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report